Monday, September 22, 2008

Living with the In-Laws

PROS
- Grandma and Grandpa get the kids cereal and toast while I sit at the table and read the paper.
- We have the whole upstairs to ourselves, which is actually bigger than our old house.
- No rent!!!

CONS
- It's not my house, so I can't fix/clean/organize what I want.
- Grandma and Grandpa like to give the kids candy. Lots of candy.
- Feeling like we're guests and not in a place of our own.

So far things are going good. No major complaints. We're mostly out of our other house, we just need to tackle the cleaning then we're good. A huge thanks to my mom and family and Erin for helping me with the kids for the past week. We couldn't have done it without you!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Heather, you need to email me at meglovell@hotmail.com so I can invite you to my blog. :) Good luck w/ the moving!

Erin said...

We are always happy to help. Today I was passing by your old house and thought of stopping in, except for you don't live there anymore.

Lyndsi said...

I hope that your house gets done soon even though you don't mind living there right now! Take advantage of the free baby-sitters!!!

A said...

Hmmmm. The "giving the kids candy" part sounds SOOOOOO familiar! When I lived at my in-laws that was one of the hardest thing was trying to keep up with all the family rules I had set for our family already! I mostly just had to give in and try not to get too worked up about it and grin and bear it till we were in our own place again.

Jason and Joanna said...

I have sympathy for you!! Just be glad they won't be moving in with you after your house is finally done! :) I will keep you posted on any updates with your home!! Good luck!! You are always welcome at my place if you need to get away for a few hours!!

Melissa said...

I'm afraid your "cons" list is going to get longer the longer you live there, so we'll keep our fingers crossed that your house gets done asap. do you have any idea when that will be????