Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's 7:15 am and I'm blogging

This morning I did something way out of character. I got up and went running at 6:00 with my ward's running group. Now, you have to understand that I am not a person who enjoys running . . . at all. I run at the gym every once in a while cause I know I should, but it's something I truly dread. So, I'm pretty proud of myself right about now! I didn't even get left in the dust like I thought I would. So now I'm home and my family is still asleep and I'm wondering what to do with myself. I usually hate when the kids wake me up around 7:30, now I'm trying to be just a little bit loud so they'll wake up and I can see them! Maybe I'm on one of those running highs right now. Hopefully this is a new trend starting; come tomorrow morning we'll see what happens. But for now, yay me!

11 comments:

Stacie and Kai said...

Yeah Heather...I hear ya..i hate running too. Probably for VERY different reasons but at least we mutually hate running! I love your blog and im glad we can at least semi keep in touch this way!

Joe and Heidi said...

6:00 AM That sounds fun.ha! Well if you get really ambitious you should sign up for the 1/2 marithon in Jan. It is in St. George so you could just RUN right over and join me. OK that was stupid. but seriously I am training to run it and I have no clue how I will ever make it that far when I am not behind a wheel. but I am going to try.

Kaelee said...

I haven't been able to check blogs for a while and I have a lot to say about a lot of your posts! First of all, lets just sat that you know about my dream that I'm carrying Michael Phelps's baby so lets not too carried away with all your unrealistic crushes people. Second, teeth-gross. Third, I'm laughing out loud at Jada's 6-12 month dress up party and the other people in the library are looking at me questionably. Fourth, Reagan misses Caleb as much as he misses her! It's totally sad. And last, I want to know what your shower routine is!

shawfamily said...

Wow i"m impressed:) Seriously I"m in no way a runner either but I would love to try. haha.. I'm so proud of you.. wish my ward had a little group ha.. actually that may be a little interesting seeing how they're all in their 70's ha.. well good luck with being a runner at 600 am ha.. you little runner you!

Erin said...

I am proud of you! I can't even get up at 6 let alone go running. I remember when we tried the Gym at 6. Well I should say you tried. I think I showed up twice and the rest was all about the snooze button on my alarm. And you made it to turbo kick later. You put me to shame.

Lyndsi said...

GO HEATHER! Nice way to run that early. I am not a runner either. I hate exercising period. Sorry I didn't say bye after Bunco! It was good seeing you again though! We should get together more often.

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Watch out, because running can be addicting! Right before I got pregnant with Kenadee, I was addicted-I wish I could get back into it. It's such a stress reliever! Good luck:)

Melissa said...

oooohhhhh, I miss running so much!!!! If it helps keep you motivated, you should stick with it for my sake--you run all my miles for me! (remember that deal joey and phoebe come up with when she's prego and craving meat? he says he'll stop eating it so that she can eat his share and no extra cows will die. let's just say you're not really running any extra, you're just running my miles, so it all evens out and it's like you're not running at all! ok, that was super long and kinda nonsensical, but I'm pretty sure I put a smile on your face!) :)

A said...

Wow-like I said-people who run are my heros! I blame coach Cahoon and Wyatt for making me run so much in B-ball. Now I cant stand it. OH and I would also like to hear what the shower routine is please. :)

Kylene said...

wow, running at 6am?! I have always seen people running in the mornings and wished I could do it but there is NO way....props to you, seriously! :)

A said...

Ummmm you need to update.......