Saturday, November 8, 2008

My First 5K

This morning I woke up at 6:30, drove over to Snow Canyon, and ran my first ever 5K (my first anything, actually)! I know it's only three miles, but what a great sense of acomplishment! I was pretty happy with my time considering a) the course was on a trail of rolling hills, and b) I had to make a stop to help a little old lady who fell off the trail and tumbled down the slope. She was so cute and insisted it was just a cramp, then got up and kept on going. What a trooper. The weather was perfect and it was a great morning! Next time I need a partner (any volunteers?).



18 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment!... and on 2nd place in your age division. You SHOULD be proud of yourself! :D

Travis and Rhonda said...

Congrats! I ran my first 5K a couple of years ago and it felt so great to accomplish that. Keep it up! I'll be looking for your first 10K and the 1/2 marathon posts. So exciting!!

melis w-y said...

yep. I'll be stealing that shirt. :) I always knew you were a natural born runner! good job, you!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Congrats! That is an awesome time - especially for your first race! When is your 1/2 marathon?

Janalee said...

Way to go! And forget about any volunteers for a partner - we all remember how athletic you are, I for one would not be able to keep up:)

Teri's Life said...

Congrats! You have definately earned bragging rights.

Kaelee said...

I don't know why no one has mentioned the fallen lady you helped up, that's hilarious! How are your calves? Congrats, that's a great time.

Travis and Rhonda said...

I forgot to mention that my 5K race was the ONLY race that I have ever done. It kind of sounded like I'm an avid runner remembering the days of my first races. Not so. Anyway, way to go!!

Tobler's said...

Wahoo! That is awesome! Good Job!

Jana said...

Wow! I could never run that far on purpose. That is an awesome time. Sounds like you've caught the running fever.

A said...

Heather! I dont check blogs for a week or two and look what happened! :) Ok, I have NEVER thought you and Melissa look like eachother much but for some reason when your blog pulled up I totally thought you had a picture of Melissa on it! It was weird. I kept trying to figure out what the post had to do with Melissa........ok Im a little slow. HOpe you guys are doing well. What happened to Cafe Rio? Im really craving it.

Lyndsi said...

Good job Heather! I'm walking 3.5 miles a day! I just need to get the energy to run! Maybe I'll join sometime. That is awesome though. It makes me WANT to be motivated!

Kaelee said...

I sent you a message on skype, figuring the internet wouldn't let my pull up your blog, but it did so here's a duplicate message (in case the skype one doesn't work because you're not online right now). We haven't been online much the last couple days, we've been busy and the blasted internet hasn't been working well. I'll turn it on first thing tomorrow morning, about 2 or 3 pm your time, depenending on how early Reagan dear decides to get up.

The McCarthys said...

Way to go... I've been thinking about getting into running... I think you are awesome for doing this. Maybe if I get my motivation up, I'll do the next one with ya.

Kylene said...

2nd place!

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

wahoo!! Heck of a job! Someday I'll get my butt in gear and join you!!

Jason and Joanna said...

Congrats on your 5K!! How nice of you to stop and help the little old lady!

Erin said...

I can't believe I haven't commented yet. It has been a while. Well congrats on your first 5k. And a half marathon in January. You will do awesome.