Monday, November 17, 2008

Girls' Day Out

Today Jada and I had a day out together and it was actually . . . . fun! I was pleasantly surprised. Usually when I have things planned for just the two of us she ends up being a little stinker and ruins the fun of the day. We started off the morning at Jena's salon for hair makeovers. Jada really wanted to color her hair dark, and as tempted as I was to see how cute she looked with a cute little dark pixie cut, I resisted. My hair was colored and styled, I haven't had a style for so long! Thanks, Jena, for a much needed hair revival!

Next we met up with my friend Amberly at Cafe Rio, long overdue, since we've both been craving it so bad. The food was delish, as always, and we had such a great time eating and chatting.

From there Jada and I decided to hit up a few stores and see what we could find. She helped me pick out a necklace and some new make-up and didn't seem to mind that we never ended up getting something for her:)

P.S. FYI, no pictures for a while, my camera broke the day before Halloween and they haven't sent it back yet. I hate not having a camera!

7 comments:

Nat said...

Girls day out=cute. Jada not getting anything out of the day=rude. I would be ticked.

A said...

You were supposed to buy stuff to make her some hair thingys! :) I too was shocked that we sat there and talked for two hours! :) Oh well. We deserve it I say. See YOU next month for sure! Maybe you can eat a little more of your food next time so I dont look like such a pig! :)

Megan said...

What a fun idea for a girls' day out. I should do something like that w/ Hannah. {I do know what you mean about fun outings bringing out the stinker-side, though.} I'm glad this time turned out well for you. :D

Melissa said...

oh, I would LOVE to see jada with a cute little dark pixie cut! do it. and I'm with nat--I'd be mad at you for not buying me anything. :)

Erin said...

Yeah I was hoping for some kind of pictures, maybe the new hair style. Bummer about the camera. That reminds me I have pictures from Halloween you'll have to download. Jada didn't get anything? She is better than I am. I still try and get my mom to buy me things.

Anonymous said...

Casey and Heather, it's Andrew and Sophie Langston here. I was doing some "blog jumping" and found your guys's blog. I don't do a lot of blogging, but Sophie keeps our blog up to date. You guys have a cute family. I found myself going to older and older posts to find out why Jada was getting surgery's. Glad to know your family is doing well.
-Andrew

Jana said...

It was good to see you at Cafe Rio. And your hair was way cute!