11 months ago
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Best Surgery Ever
Jada had her fifth surgery today.
Her surgeon in Houston told us her last X-Ray looked great and we could get the pin taken out of her arm. I thought this meant an office visit to the doctor where he made a little incision and slid the pin out, but apparently this is an actual surgical procedure with anesthesia and all. On the one hand she had to have another surgery, on the other hand, it was the quickest, easiest, and cheapest surgery she's had yet! Plus it was done in St. George, instead of Texas, which was awesome.
This is after she had her Tylenol with Versed, so she was a little loopy. She's using her TV remote as her phone.
Pre-surgery, you can see the pin sticking out of her arm. I don't think it hurt her, but made her uncomfortable enough that she kept asking to take it out and was very excited that today finally came.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
Your little family are such troopers! Sounds like it's been a long haul but you're always so positive about it. I love that you kind of people still exist! Jada is too cute. Time for anothern!!!
It's a good thing you've got such a smart sister so that you could get this blog up. I'm in love with Jada B! And I agree with my friends Jason and Joanna up there-it's time for anothern. Perhaps after the 3 mile half marathon has been completed.
She is so cute! I can't believe you wouldn't want to go back to Houston by yourself and face another surgery! I'm glad all is well. BTW, I found out on Tuesday that it had been out on DVD. What a horrible mother I am! Oh well... she has only watched it I think 8 times so far.
What a brave girl! I'm glad it all went well & that she's enjoying her pink cast. Sounds like she & Hannah would get along well. :D
I'm so glad she could have the surgery in St. George! That must have made it so much easier. She seems so optimistic about the whole thing. My kids scream and kick when they just need a shot. They would not be smiling with an I.V. sticking in their arm!
Wow Jada, GREAT JOB! We love you and miss you. Heather I don't know how you can handle all of this happening to your little girl. I don't think I could do it. You are a great example. Thanks. -Oh, and everone knows what happens when you play with plastic owls... You get hurt of course.
Yay for Jada and pink casts! Reagan will be very jealous. We miss you Jada!!
So glad that it went so well! What a trooper!!
She is so awesome! Such a brave little girl.. you are brave too! :)
We want you to be our neighbors too!
we're so proud of you jada! I definitely agree that pink casts are very exciting.
I can't believe the size of that pin in her arm! What a trooper! She's getting about done with surgeries, right??
She is the toughest! Glad you guys didnt have to travel for this one! HOws the in-laws? You still there?
She is so amazing, Heather! I'm glad you guys got a break and had an easier surgery this time. :)
Post a Comment