Thursday, May 29, 2008

And the Award for Worst Mom in the World goes to. . .

Yesterday was a bit of a hectic day. I made about a billion batches of cookies (yea new Kitchen Aid!) to take to visiting teaching/home teaching families. Casey and I both kind of procrastinated this month, obviously. It also happened to be laundry day, which wasn't exactly the plan, but Casey ran out of underwear, so I decided to take a look at the whole laundry situation and it was in bad shape! (Sorry if that was too much info.) Plus throw two kids into the mix and you get the idea. Anyway, about 5:45 we're out running cookies around and Casey calls to say he needs a ride home from work at 6:30. So now the race is on. I get the kids home and get them up to the table to eat Mac & Cheese. Well, Caleb will not eat. He's just sitting there crying and looking up at me with the saddest eyes. I'm saying, hurry, we gotta go get Daddy, and he will not take a bite. He's generally a very good eater. So I finally get so frustrated I put him on a chair in his room in trouble. (It gets worse.) After a minute or so, I go get him and he tells me sorry. Back up into the chair. Still, no eating. Now he's trying to hold back the tears so he doesn't get in trouble again, so he's doing this quiet sobbing thing. (This is so hard to write, I feel horrible!) Finally I decide he's not gonna eat and just as I go to get him down, he throws up all over the table, chair, floor, his clothes, me, etc. I'm now thinking, Ohhh, that's why he's not eating! Lucky for me, kids are so forgiving. After throwing up twice more, he snuggled up to me the whole rest of the night till he fell asleep. Then the fun really began. About 3:00 a.m. Jada decided it was her turn, and I was up with her the rest of the night.

How could I put this face in trouble?!!! (By the way, if Caleb pulls this face with Casey, he will get ANYTHING he wants!)

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh my sad face! How can you even put that little face in trouble?? Sad.

Oh, and he looks JUST like daddy.

Jenn said...

Hey, Its Jenn Hanson I love blogs, I was about to comment on marys and hey theres Heather, I hope you don't mind my peeking in and I just wanted to say, I've done it too, made them eat and gotten so mad they wouldn't and then they are sick the rest of the night, but if they can't tell you, how are you supposed to know, you were being a good mom trying to get him fed and healthy! anway it was good to see you (in pictures) and your kids are very cute!

Min and Mary said...

HEATHER! I'm so flattered that you read my blog and like it enough to leave a comment. I've secretly been reading yours (I'm drawn to all the young mom stories and I see myself only a year or so behind you so I'm taking notes) but I haven't had the guts to leave a comment. Weird, I know, but I doubted you'd even remember me. You have such beautiful kids. Caleb even looks cute when he's miserably sick. Oh, and I agree with you that So you think you can dance is the best reality show...well, maybe America's next top model could contest that. We laugh hysterically at those girls and walk away feeling very comfortable with our serving sizes. Anyway, I hope the kids are feeling better and that you and Casey get some rest. Say hullo to your family for me!
Mary

shawfamily said...

that face would get me too:) he's so cute! sad that they were both so sick.... hey atleast you get some snuggle time out of it... ha halle never cuddles anymore

Jason and Joanna said...

sad. poor caleb. guess you'll know better next time ;) (im just giving you a hard time)

Jason and Joanna said...

oh ya, and by the way... at least he didnt eat the mac and cheese... or else you could have had that all over you too!!

A said...

Ok I can SO relate right now.........Misi was frustratin me so bad yesterday because he was so whiney. Hes been trying out tantrums so I just thought it was a spin off that! Well he was throwing up all night last night too! IT makes your heart break when they are sick cuz you cant take it away! :(

Lyndsi said...

So yeah, Caleb kinda looks like Casey!!! I'm sorry you were up the rest of the night. That totally sucks! I hope they are feeling better.

Natalie said...

He is so handsome - I love those puppy eyes...I'm sure he gets anything he wants out of Casey when he pulls that face! Don't be so hard on yourself - I've done that before - I'll put Lil' down for a nap and she's bawling (I'm thinking she only wants to get out), but when I finally check on her, I realize she pooped and really just needed a diaper change. Ah, mommy stories!

Erin said...

Okay so I have really been such a slacker, but Caleb is the cutest little boy ever and I dont think that just because he is my nephew. Hmmm... it will be hard to compete with that.

Kylene said...

As you can tell from all the other mommies that commented, we've all done something like that unfortunately. I can totally relate, too :) Poor lil' guy! He is TOO cute, Heather. Jaakson does the fake crying thing now so sometimes I just don't know if he's being manipulative or what?!