Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mom, Watch



Does anyone else have a "Mom, watch" kid? Caleb is totally in that phase where I have to watch everything he does! And he can't be fooled either. If he doesn't see my eyes on him the whole time, he'll wait and keep saying it over and over till I'm ready. I try not to get frustrated, cause how cute is that? He's learning how to be more independent and learns new things every day, and let me tell ya, he is one proud little kid.


Last Friday at the kid's craft day at the church, we made little pots to grow grass in. Okay, so I confess, I'm usually not able to grow anything, EVER. I have one potted plant in my home that has somehow managed to stay alive for a few years now. So, basically, I had no hope for these little grass guys. But guess what? After a few days of watering and sitting in my kitchen windowsill, these little guys started to grow! Check out the picture! Jada is very proud of her Grass Girl (Caleb couldn't really care less).

8 comments:

Janalee said...

Your kids are so cute! I have to admit the "mom watch" story is cute but kind of destroyed my nieve thoughts of my little girls not so distant independence. Right now she is in the stage where she has a complete meltdown if I leave the room - that's suppose to pass right?

mommy princess said...

I know exactly how you feel. It's kind of like how they think your not listening to them if your not looking right at them. I've had to explain that I hear with my ears more than once.

Erin said...

When we came over the other day I noticed the pots in the windowsill and they were growing. Nice! Well we love your kids and all the funny things they do. "I've got a ticket to ride" has been in my head so much lately by the way. We are always up for game nights.

Natalie said...

Your kids are so flippin' cute! I love Caleb's eyes - they are so captivating, and I wouldn't be able to resist NOT watching everything he does!!!

A said...

Heather
Found your blog through others. I cant believe how big your kids have gotten since last I saw you! We REALLY need to get Jada and Maili together, the "broken heart" line sounds SO familiar! Glad you guys are doing well!

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

Heather,
Funny how this blog world connects so many people! I was looking over Monica's and found Shani's then yours... Hope you don't mind my nosying around! You have such a cute family!!! Our blog is www.wileyjourney.blogspot.com so feel free to stop by anytime and see our happenings in Tooele!

Kylene said...

That is so cute! It's so funny how he looks so much like Casey and she looks so much like you. I love seeing how you're doin! BTW, do you have a cousin or etc up here going to Dallas Roberts Academy named Katie Woodbury?

HeatherStout said...

Not that I know of, but she could be a distant relative!