Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Jada's had a rough couple of weeks.

Proof:


And:



Okay, just to be clear that is the same black eye, not three different ones. I know what you're thinking, and no, we have not been beating her. The black eye happened at my aunt's house when Jada was playing with her cousin. Somehow (remember Jada is my clumsy child) she fell off a rocking chair into a pool table. Gave herself a goose egg and a swollen black eye at the same time. One advantage that comes with being clumsy, however, is that after so many accidents you tend to toughen up. I wasn't there when it happened, but apparently she didn't cry as hard as, say, I would have, and just kind of got over it. That's my girl.

The nebulizer has been coming in handy for the past few weeks. She's had a horrible cough that always leads to coughing attacks that always lead to throwing up. Like, ten times at night. We've been busy.

She's also had two ear infections and ear infections are, in my opinion, the worst thing a kid can have. Thrashing, moaning, sobbing, pleading to go to the doctor. It was bad. Two times. The second one happened while she was having a sleepover at Aunt Erin's house and I had to go pick her up at 2:45 in the morning in St. George. Thank the heavens for Amoxicillin. And nebulizers. And resilient children.

4 comments:

Kaelee said...

Poor girl! That eye looked bad.

HeatherStout said...

This is me commenting as you because I haven't logged out yet. I changed your picture but I can't remember how to re-size it. I'll check with my friend and then try to get it to a better size.

Kaelee said...

To answer your question about what I made for dinner that they didn't complain about:

Chicken Pot Pie
bake 1 pie crust
cook 1 bag mixed veggies according to directions on bag
boil some chicken, cut into small pieces
mix 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 1 can evaporated milk
add salt and pepper
add chicken and vegetables
pour into baked pie crust (you'll have leftovers)
cover with unbaked pie crust, poke holes, brush with egg white
bake at 350 until browned, about 20 minutes

Kylene said...

Sooo been there and done that! It's like a rite of passage for Moms, I think! :) Jaakson used to cough at night until he threw up a few times and, for him, it ended up being he has severe pet allgeries with mild asthma. It would make all respiratory problems way worse. Poor kids!