11 months ago
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Hostess Half
Yesterday was the Hostess Half Marathon put on by a local guy here in Hurricane. The idea was to eat a Hostess snack at every aid station along the course, which is as bad an idea as it sounds. The first two stops I shared a mini donut with Melissa, after that I said forget it. I could tell if I ate any more they would come up pretty quick. The morning was cold and rainy. The temperature wasn't too bad once we got going, but it was very wet. Casey ran it "with me", his first half marathon. He said he wanted to run with me the whole time and we weren't even ten seconds into the race before he ditched me. Punk. He did awesome, especially for 8 miles being the farthest he's run before. He beat me by two minutes. Melissa and I stuck together the whole time. She could have easily ditched me, but she stayed back to pace me since I couldn't seem to get into my groove. It was a hard race. Not sure where to pinpoint it, I just couldn't get into a good pace. We came in at 1:53.33, which is only a 1 minute 15 second PR. My goal is to be under 1:50, so it looks like I have some work to do before the Painter's Half in January.
I know Melissa and Paige are blurry, but check me out. I'm trying to keep those Hostess snacks down. Don't worry, I was successful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
looks really cold. that's a good time, I don't care what you say. and your running sleeves are awesome so who cares how you ran.
Ditto what Nat said. Word for word. And I love Jada's new quote. And, as usual, I'm jealous of all the running you guys are doing. Jealous, I say. Great job all of you!
PS I read an article about cold winter running not being about new PRs but about maintaining for spring running and PRs. So you still got a PR even though you're not supposed to. You win.
Good job on the half. I want to run the Painters half in January, too. But I'm wondering what's going to happen to it now that part of the coarse has been washed away with the flood... Who knows...maybe I'll see ya there!!
Post a Comment