Monday, January 3, 2011

Good News?

I'm not sure. We had Caleb tested for Celiac Disease and the results came back negative. Phew. I have been on the verge of panic for the past few weeks anticipating the enormous lifestyle change that was surely coming. In my head I was certain that was where we were headed. But today the results came back negative. Hmm. Don't get me wrong, I am super relieved. Like, beyond super relieved. But now the question becomes what does he have? Hopefully something minor, like an intolerance to something he's eating. He has had stomach issues for over two months. He's been very uncomfortable with belly aches every day. His stomach gets extremely hard and bloated and he has diarrhea. Every single day. I'm not exactly sure what to do next. I feel so bad for him. I guess we start eliminating things from his diet and see what helps?

Here's a fun text conversation I had with my sister today:
Me: Caleb's results for Celiac came back neg now the question is what does he have?
Melissa: What the heck is it then??
Me/Beckham who stole my phone: yy52
Melissa: Ummm what?
Me: Yeah, that was beckham I meant to say ??? He doesn't have yy52 lol :)
Melissa: lol out loud

That made me smile.


I love this kid.



4 comments:

Tobler's said...

Poor Guy! I hope they can find something to help him feel better! Your family pictures are so cute!!

The Christy's said...

Oh frustrating!! I hope someone can figure it out! We've had to go back to the basics a few times and start building Grahms diet back up. We went to an allergist too to determine what he was actually allergic to as opposed to intolerance.

Kaelee said...

I'm just glad he doesn't have yy52, sounds pretty nasty. :)

Cinda said...

My brother has Celiac. I am glad Caleb doesn't have it. It would not be fun. I hope it gets figured out whatever it is.