Sunday, October 17, 2010

to sum it up. . .

this is what we've been up to:



The day Caleb got his stitches out. He got a cool band-aid, two stickers, AND a sheriff's badge. He did not love getting them out. I held him down on the table and he screamed and cried. After, when we were telling Casey about it, I said, "You were very brave, you just cried a little, right?" His reply: "I was fake crying, those were fake tears." Oh. They were very convincing.


Casey and I have been looking for a slide for the kids for forever, but didn't want to pay an outrageous amount of money on one. Last week I finally found one at a yard sale! It is in our living room, where I'm afraid it might stay. The kids are having so much fun on it.


Beckham thinks he's king of the world up there.
He climbs up, then isn't too sure what he's supposed to do.


Too cute not to post.


Beckham has come to realize the necessity of having a cell phone.
And let me tell you, he's got it down.


Also a necessity: Elmo. He's hooked.
Jada and Caleb don't love that we watch Elmo every time we drive
somewhere, but it sure keeps Beckham happy!


I was pulling weeds one morning and found a couple of disgusting, slimy, make-me-quit-weeding worms. Caleb said, "Don't worry, Mom! I'll pull the weeds for you!" And he did.


Jada has her first loose tooth! Two actually. And the reason? Because two are growing in right behind them! What??? The one is pretty much ready to come out. Casey told her if she pulled it out herself he would give her the ten dollar bill in his pocket. She tried so hard, but it didn't come and it hurt, hence the tears (and blood).


We went up to Salt Lake for reception #2 for Natalie and Matt. My cousin, who was in Yellowstone, let us stay in her home in Draper. Again, no pictures of the wedding. I was very preoccupied trying to keep my kids out of the stream outside and away from the decorative tower of glasses inside. It was a very nice reception hall, but not at all kid friendly. And I didn't even do my job well. Beckham fell halfway down the hard, wood staircase. He screamed for a minute till he stopped screaming and stopped breathing and went completely limp in my arms. My sister's girl, Tatum, has done this a few times, otherwise I would have completely freaked out. Apparently it's a shock reaction to the pain. Thankfully he was okay, no serious damage done.

We performed the wedding dance again. My camera captured half of it before the memory card was full. Hopefully someone else got it and I can post it someday! But to be honest, it just wasn't the same as the original performance. We were missing a few people and it was just way cooler outside with all the twinkling lights and stars overhead.


3 comments:

Travis and Rhonda said...

Tell Jada that Owen pulled Griffin's first loose tooth. He did it by doing the string on the doorknob trick. The tooth came flying out. I'm sure he'd be happy to do it again. :) Especially if Casey would offer him $10!

Love the slide.

Kaelee said...

COOL slide! Those things are expensive new, good thing you got it at a yard sale. CUTE pictures, way to make me sad after I'm just getting used to being back!

Teri's Life said...

Poor Beckham!!!! I could just cuddle and kiss that little boy all day long (but he'd probably just freak out at the wierdo lady kissin' on him). If Ster had done that I would have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off squeeling like a little girl. I seriously jump and cover my eyes when little kids fall - not down stairs, just on their bums!