I said, "What?!"
"I'm different than other kids."
I went and sat down next to her on the couch. In my head I'm starting to panic. One of the kids at school must have said something to her about her arm. Or maybe someone made fun of her. Or maybe a lot of kids made fun of her. I've been dreading this moment, when her arm starts to become an issue. Kids are kids. And kids can be mean. It's going to break my heart.
"What do you mean?", I asked her, getting ready for a serious discussion and preparing to boost her self esteem in some way. We've talked lots about her arm, and she knows what happened, but she's never really had to deal with it socially.
Jada said, "Because I have dreams about wasps and other kids don't."
Oh. Okay. Phew. So we'll have a discussion (or lots of them) another time.



5 comments:
I bet you were relieved. She's so cute and sweet. And how dare those other kids say they don't have wasp dreams--i bet they do.
I can't stop laughing!!! At the post or at Rhonda's comment! You guys are great. Thanks for that.
I am dreading that day too. Asher is still making progress so I still don't know how functional his right arm will be. It will never be the same size as the left. If you figure something grand out, let me know. :) We have special babies.
I heard you didn't think this was a funny post. In some ways I guess its not but dreams about wasps? How cute and hilarious, if only I was there when they had this conversation at school.
Not funny? Dreaming about wasps is funny. She's funny. And Beckham, oh my gosh how cute is he!
Post a Comment