On Saturday me and four of my sisters ran a 50 mile team relay starting at Gunlock Reservoir and ending at Sand Hollow. And I'm not gonna lie, it was a blast. We had so much fun, and all of us had pretty good personal running times, which always makes it funner (more fun? I like funner:). I was the first leg starting at Gunlock and ran six miles to hand off to my sis, Nicole, who ran 5 miles and handed off to Melissa, then Natalie, then Kaelee, and starting over again. We had a great day and made some pretty dang good memories.
Starting line 8 a.m.
Kaelee, Melissa, Nicole, me, Natalie
Giving Nicole some love after finishing her 2nd leg.
She was hurting a little bit.
Nicole and Melissa doing our hand off, the hip bump.
Kaelee, me, and Nicole. They came and ran in with me on my 2nd leg after I stopped to throw up about 50 yards from the finish, in front of quite a large audience. I threw up on both of my runs, which was awesome. At least I wasn't alone, right Nat?:)
Our awesome van, decorated like a running shoe. We didn't win 1st, but we were probably a close 2nd, I would say.
Champions! (Not officially, but in our hearts).
Goal finish time: 7 hours
Actual finish time: 6 hours 52 min!
Average mile: 8:14
My awesome fans.
Beautiful Jada. She wants to be a "star" when she grows up. I think she will be.
I really love this picture, giving my girl a kiss.
The team at the banquet Saturday night (we were called "I'm a purple", hence the uniforms and banquet attire:)
Finishing stats: 5th out of 25 all-girl teams
24th overall out of 95 teams
Way to go girls!!! See you next year!
Kaelee, Melissa, Nicole, me, Natalie
Goal finish time: 7 hours
Actual finish time: 6 hours 52 min!
Average mile: 8:14
Finishing stats: 5th out of 25 all-girl teams
24th overall out of 95 teams
Way to go girls!!! See you next year!



5 comments:
YOU GIRLS ARE SO AWESOME!!! And you all look great, too.
That's AMAZING!!!!! How fun for you and all your sisters. Your biggest fans are so cute!! I bet they are so proud of their mommy.
Congratulations to all you amazing ladies! And I LOVE the van! =D
You WILL see me there next year. I don't care how much it costs or how long the flight is, I'm coming home for this. The FUNNEST race ever.
How fun! Not the throwing up part...but the sisters GREAT time and running part... Good job!
It was fun to see you at Wal-Mart the other day. Nice to know I'm not the only one to pass the day doing such awesome things!
Post a Comment