Tuesday, March 23, 2010

first soccer game

Not only was Jada's first soccer game today, but it was her very first extracurricular activity ever, I'm thinking with many more in the years to come. I know that it's generally pretty annoying and boring watching kindergartners and pre-k's (apostraphe, Melissa? it didn't look right without one) chase after a ball like a bunch of chickens chasing their mother hen, but today, with my
pre-k out there, it was just plain adorable!


Pre-game. Notice how all the other kids are bundled and layered and she's just shivering?
Yeah, her mom kinda dropped the ball on that one, but she's still excited:)


Still shivering, still excited. Waiting for her turn to get in on the action.



Post game. Thankfully Grandma and Kaelee brought her a long-sleeved T and jacket during the game. Now she's ready for her efforts to be rewarded.

A juice and Ding Dong, worth all the hard work.



faithful (and freezing) fans:





Showing me the grass stain on her knee. This apparently really upset her and she made me get a
wet wipe to clean it off ASAP as possible (don't worry, that was intentional:)


P.S. How did I not get any action shots of her on the field??? That's alright, my video camera captured the really good stuff:)


"That was the best game EVER!" - Jada

3 comments:

Nat said...

Yes! keeping the woodbury girls soccer tradition alive! I love little kids in soccer outfits. That might sound semi-creepy, but the mini shin guards with the mini socks and mini cleats....love it so bad. P.S. couldn't be prouder that ASAP as possible made it on your blog. HA I knew I would get you guys sooner or later

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Jaxon just started soccer, too, and there is nothing cuter. I love how they get so excited and smile from ear to ear when they score a goal...Sometimes being a mom is so fun ;)

Megan said...

What a cutie! Glad she's enjoying soccer so much.