I never thought I'd say this, but I am totally burned out on BBQs. I know how insane that sounds. The weather has been so gorgeous for the past two weeks, and we've grilled probably 6 or 7 times. Yuck. I'm currently on a meat-strike and almost gag when I smell a BBQ going. I really hope this passes!
The kids have been enjoying the beautiful sunshiny weather and are outside almost all day. It's so fun living at the end of a cul-de-sac and being able to send the kids outside to ride their bikes with the neighbor kids and not worry too much. We did have a scare with Jada the other day. Caleb was driving their little motorized Rhino, with Jada standing in the back (we have since banned either of them from riding in the back, FYI). He punched the gas and sent her flying out the back where she landed on her head on the street. If that doesn't give a mother a heart attack I don't know what will. I'm still not sure if it knocked her out for a few seconds or not, but she had the biggest, scariest goose egg I've ever seen. I immediately started remembering all the horror stories I've heard about head injuries, particularly the ones where the kid is fine for a few hours, then having seizures or dying later. Not fun to think about. We iced it as much as she would let us and checked her pupils all night (she didn't appreciate this so much when we did it while she was sleeping), and finally I brought her into bed with me and kicked Casey out to the couch. Just to make sure. She's fine, the bump was totally gone the next morning, and I am just a little more cautious of their play.
Yesterday we went to Zion and it was so perfect and beautiful! I forget just how nice it is up there. The kids totally loved it. They loved going up the trails and hiking around, and I'm happy to say neither of them got hurt, not even a scratch. Casey, Nicole, and Ryan (my sis and her boyfriend) had bets to see how many times Jada would fall (she is my clumsy child) and she stayed totally upright and on her feet all day! Then we ate lunch at this fabulous little cafe in Springdale and had such a great day.
Beautiful pictures to come when I stop being lazy and download them from my camera!
11 months ago



3 comments:
stop being lazy and get me some pictures! Good job Jada for staying upright all day!
ps don't you love it when they say what you say to them and you realize how bad it sounds?? i mean that about jada's comment about being patient btw.
beautiful weather?...I am jealous
Post a Comment