Wednesday, July 6, 2011

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

We had a little pre-4th of July fireworks Saturday night. Casey took the kids and let them pick out the fireworks. They came home with Crazy Eyes and they couldn't stop talking about lighting the Crazy Eyes.

Before

During

After

Beckham also did not like the Crazy Eyes.


4th of July day celebrations:

Catching candy from the candy cannon.

Hanging out with cousin Gavin.

Watching the remote control car races.

Happy parents.

Casey said not to make Beckham race cause he would just stand there and cry. I said too bad, he's gonna race. It's tradition, and he can look back on these photos and laugh someday. Bad mom? Maybe.

Yeah, he was pretty upset.

Caleb was the big fat winner of his race. Okay, he may have started just a little bit early.

Don't tell him that.

Don't worry, Jada was in the correct age group. She really is that much taller than all the other 6 year olds.

Happy runner-up.

Ropes course.

Face painting.

Super awesome slip & slide, the water was being sprayed from the fire truck.

Caleb loved it for a minute, till he got too "told".

Jada really, really loved it. Can you tell?

They would not have let us leave without cotton candy.

Finished with the festivities.

Later we barbequed at the parents' house. Grandpa Clair read a book to the kiddos. I love this picture.

It's quite a scary thing to watch this clumsy girl on rollerblades.

Best buds. On some days. This was one of them.

Crazy boys. Beckham will not give me the time of day when Casey's around. It's pathetic.

Caleb had a great time watching the fireworks.

Well, at least me and Caleb are having fun.

4 comments:

The Christy's said...

I quite enjoyed your narration of events. And I also enjoyed Jada's reaction to the fireworks.

Nat said...

oh my gosh-I can't stop laughing about Jada and Beckham crying about the fireworks! those pictures are golden.

Melissa said...

Jada's slip-n-slide face is the best. And Leif didn't understand why our kids "had" to race when they didn't want to--it's like they don't even know us yet.

Jana said...

Fun times! Now I want to know what Crazy Eyes look like.