- First, let me just say that my dad has the most amazing garden/orchard/farm. He is really very talented in this area. As we were up in the trees picking fruit this morning a neighbor lady came over to tell him that he has the most beautiful garden she has ever seen. It's true. It's amazing. This morning we went to pick apricots. The kids even "helped". Caleb and Gavin were in charge of putting all the bad apricots into a tote. I think they picked about three, then they were off playing and exploring. Jada actually was a good helper. She climbed to the very top of the (14 foot) ladder and picked a bunch. I was a little nervous. She is my accident prone child. But she survived without injury. We picked a ton of apricots and said apricots have been pitted and sliced and are basking out in the hot summer sun as we speak. yum.
- My sister and I went to a local Zumba class last night. It was some serious fun. Not only is the workout a blast, but it is so entertaining watching everyone try to get the moves down (myself included). My goal is to not look like an idiot by the end of the summer.
- I am now 2 1/2 weeks into my marathon training. It's awesome to have a partner to train with. I highly recommend it. I also recommend: Garmin, hand-held water bottle, great playlist.
- Caleb refuses to wear his church socks and shoes to church on Sundays. A few weeks ago he went in his flip flops. I decided to take him to the store and let him pick out some socks to go with his shoes so he would be more willing to wear them. He picked out Mickey Mouse socks. Large print. He looks awesome on Sundays. Casey likes to sport ankle socks with his church shoes. They are quite a pair.
- Lots of birthdays coming up: Casey turns the big 3-0 this month, Caleb turns 4, and Beckham turns one in one month . . . . what? Is that right??? He's turning into lots of fun. Also fun: no more formula and forward-facing car seats!
- Jada has developed a teenage-girl type attitude. It's funny and annoying at the same time.
- Girls night tonight: ice cream and Eclipse. I'm not a die hard for the Twilight series, but I'll take a good girls night out anytime.
And, now, a picture (since no one likes a post without a picture):
11 months ago



3 comments:
Those apricots sound so good! I hear you about the teenage-girl attitude -- it's definitely funnier when you're not the girl's mom. =) Kudos to you for the marathon training -- not something you'll be seeing me blog about anytime soon. =D
WHAT?!?? You guys are still doing GNO without me?? And you got ice cream and went to Eclipse? I'm gonna cry, I hope you feel good about yourselves. And also, I'm going to hop on a plane and come steal Beckham and hop on another plane back because I want him, he's so dang cute (and you know I'm serious as I have recently stated that I'm never flying again).
Your family is so cute, Heather & Casey! It's great to see you're doing well! BTW, I LOVE Zumba! It's addictive! This weekend we're going to an acutal salsa club- should be pretty funny. ;)
Post a Comment