Monday, January 19, 2009

St. George Half Marathon

Saturday morning was the St. George Half Marathon. After months of training it finally arrived. I had mixed feelings. I was excited to get out and run it. I was also very nervous because my training has gone a little downhill since I got pregnant (yes, I'm nine weeks prego). So, I wasn't sure how things were going to go. On Thursday night I convinced/bribed my sister Nicole to run it with me, even though she hasn't been training at all. And she said yes! What a trooper. The morning was beautiful, couldn't have been better weather. And the race was awesome! I seriously had the best time running it. I'm excited to do another when I'm not pregnant. My original goal was to finish under two hours, but since the past few weeks of my running I've had to stop to go to the bathroom and sometimes to dry heave a little, I really didn't know what my time would be. Saturday morning I felt great, and I only had to stop twice to empty my bladder! My time was 2:05:41, way better than I planned, so I was totally stoked. And Nicole did awesome. I ditched her at mile 2 ( I know, I'm a bad sister, I talk her into running with me, then totally ditch her at the beginning) and I wasn't sure if she would even finish. But she did, with a time of 2:37:29! Here are some pictures and a video of my finish, then Nicole's finish. I am planning on doing it again next year, and I can't wait!


21 comments:

Jana said...

Congrats on the running AND the pregnancy! I personally think runners are nuts, but whatever works for you. You look great, by the way!

Cheryl said...

Ditto the above! Congrats on both!

The McCarthys said...

Wow! Good for you! I think you are so awesome. Congrats on the pregnancy too!!

HeatherStout said...

You did great. Chet and I were hurrying to get their by the time you finished and we made it. Although I had not done my hair or makeup, it was worth it to see you guys run through. I am pretty sure that will never be me so its nice to live vircariosly through you. I think I even felt tears when I saw you finishing.

A said...

Ok. WOW on two accounts! I cant believe you are pregnant!!!!!!! And Im amazed that you ran -being pregnant. I guess I cant imagine wanting to do ANYTHING when I was prego..........so does that mean you wont be wanting Cafe Rio soon? Because Im about due for a trip.......

shawfamily said...

again congrats and I'm so proud of you and seriously think you're super woman to have ran that in the first place and finish and then being prego on top of that just amazes me.. looks like a big feeling of accomplishment maybe one day I can become a runner haha.. MAYBE...

Erin said...

Okay so to clarify the comment that says Heather was really from Me, Erin. Thought that would make a little more sense.

BRIT said...

Way to go Heath! You are amazing for doing the race AND for having baby number three!!

Megan said...

Congratulations on your race & your pregnancy!! And Kudos to Nicole for joining you on the run!!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

That's an awesome time! Are you considering a full marathon next time?
I'm so excited for you and baby #3! I bet your kids can't wait either. Tell Casey congrats, too!

Travis and Rhonda said...

Yea on BOTH!! Way to go on the 1/2!! I'm sure you're glad to be done. Hope you feel better soon.

Jason and Joanna said...

Yay for another Stout!! Congratulations! oh ya, and good job on the run! :)

Lyndsi said...

You are nuts! I would have used the pregnancy as an excuse but I think its great you finished. And that you guys finally bucked up and are having another! :) Congrats!

Kaelee said...

Yay for finishing the run being pregnant. I'm glad you finally posted on it because I wanted to comment but didn't want to out you (I've accidentally outed way too many pregnant people).

Aaron and Bonnie said...

I love it!!!Hey, does that mean you are ready for the Yukon XL???? We are about ready to give it up! Congrats to you!! Oh, and that run.......AWESOME!!

Natalie said...

You are my inspiration...maybe someday I'll get off my butt and run a 1/2 marathon! How are you feeling? Congrats on the bun in the oven...due date???

David and Jaycee said...

You're so friggin awesome! Haven't looked at your blog for so long it's been fun to see your posts and cute pics! I love your "quotable quotes"! Congrats on #3! My husband keeps saying we're going to be playing zone defense instead of man on man! Soo scary! I'm just grateful our bun won't be fully cooked until May! Great Run! You really do have a nice sister, hope you at least took her for ice cream afterwards for ditching her!? cya jace

Mary said...

Nicole is way cooler than you, Heather. Next year she may ditch you! Congrats on becoming a runner and getting knocked up. How long do you plan to keep running thru the pregnancy?

A said...

Ok you really really need to update! :)

Kylene said...

You are a running fool! I love it!

Kylene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.