Friday, December 5, 2008

Advise Please?

Jada is driving me crazy. I love the girl, but her "quiet time" is seriously frustrating me. I stick her in bed with plenty of books and this is how it usually goes:
Jada reads for about five minutes before she thinks she's good. Then she gets out of bed, takes her clothes off, puts a dress-up-dress on, stands on her bed and puts on a performance (varying daily), gets out of bed, puts on a different outfit for a different performance, plays with her window and blinds, and on and on and on. How do I get her to settle down and have some freakin quiet time? She does have a TV/VCR in her room, but I'm really trying to stay away from that. Any suggestions?????

8 comments:

A said...

Ha ha ha. Its sad that this post makes me feel better about my life. My kids do 10000% more than that everyday tho.....so not that much better. The ONLY time Maili will do "quiet" time is if shes watching a movie or playing with a friend. Period. :)Maybe we just need to get a break from the kids at, I dont know, cafe rio?

Megan said...

Jada sounds just like Hannah! You might just have to keep it a 1/2 hour (or whatever amount) of starting out w/ books and staying in the room (even if she's up out of bed) and then move bedtime up half an hour. Good Luck!

Kaelee said...

Threats are a good tool! Not that they always work but it might for the first while. Sydney gets to watch a movie on the weekends in bed and if she misbehaves she loses it. But Jada's too young to understand delayed punishment so I would find something that's really important to her that she gets every day and if she plays at quiet time than she loses it. I don't know, you know how my kids are both angels and listen and obey every thing I say so I must know what I'm doing, huh?

Teri's Life said...

Duct tape.

Lyndsi said...

That is a tough one. Maybe take the dress-ups and things out of her room or put her in your room with the books. Or maybe a bathroom!? :) It sounds pretty entertaining though. If not, turn the tube on...

Melissa said...

I second the duct tape suggestion.

Erin said...

I want to see one oh her many performances. Sounds like quiet time is pretty entertaining.

ROB AND HOLLY said...

I know you are trying to stay away from the t.v., but I've found that if I let Jaxon watch a movie for his "quiet time", he will actually fall asleep. Then he gets a nap in and I can get MY "quiet time" in! :)