September is Baby Month, people! It's so exciting to finally be able to say this is the month. Can I tell you how ready I am for this baby to come? It could happen today and I would be ecstatic. Except not today cause Dr. Lunt's out of town, but tomorrow for sure. My hospital bag is packed, baby clothes have been washed, folded, and put away. The bottles, breastfeeding pump, and binkies have all been boiled and sanitized and are waiting in the kitchen cupboard. Casey has fixed the rocking chair/glider so that when I sit down to nurse baby we won't fall through the back. The nursery aka the bassinet that will go beside my bed is ready and waiting to be put up. Car seat has been taken apart and washed. Now I'm just waiting for this baby to decide when he wants to come. Granted I'm 35 1/2 weeks, but because Beckham came at 36 1/2 I figure it could be anytime. And, as always, baby is measuring big. This next Sunday I'll be 36 1/2 weeks, plus all three of my babies were born on a Sunday. Do I dare say this baby's birthday will be September 9th???
Besides the fact that my ribs and abdomen are running out of room and it's getting harder to breathe and move very easily, and besides the fact that I'm so swollen I can hardly stand to look at myself in the mirror, I still feel pretty great. I saw a friend at the gym the other day and she said, "Oh! You're so swollen, even in your face! Is that normal?!" Uh, for me it is. I do feel good healthwise, though. All three of my other pregnancies I had problems with my lower back, my sciatic nerve especially, and my hips were super sore and tender. This time, no complaints. I have yet to go a week when I don't workout at least three times that week, and I'm attributing my feeling awesome to that. I'm hoping this will make my recovery easier as well. But ..... third C-Section? We'll see.
11 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment