Jada's surgeon, Dr. Nath, is scheduled to come to Las Vegas in two weeks to do a free clinic. Haven't I said before how awesome he is? We're excited to see him and hear what he thinks about Jada's progress and find out about any possible future surgeries. Keep your fingers crossed for her. The other day she brought home a picture she drew at school and on it she had written, "Jada B wants to be a veterinarian". I thought it was adorable that she called herself Jada B. Sometimes we call her Jada B Jones, after the Junie B Jones books, and she gets so mad. I tell her she'd better not grow up and marry someone with the last name Jones.
Caleb is currently obsessed with Go Fish. It's really all he ever wants to do these days. That kid seriously comes alive during a game of Go Fish. When Casey gets home from work the cards have been shuffled and dealt and are waiting. Every day. Even after we've played 20 times. Last week Casey took him to wrestling practice to see if he was interested. No, he's not. He'd much rather wrestle everybody at home than boys he doesn't know. I'm a little relieved.
Beckham has also become obsessed with Go Fish. He holds the entire deck and carries it all around the house, and if those cards should fall (which they do, and quite frequently) watch out. It's like it's the end of the world. I've started hiding those dang cards. He also insists on wearing Caleb's shoes around all the time and throws a fit if one should happen to come off. He also gets really upset when the kids play the Wii and there's not a controller for him. I've seriously thought about buying a decoy controller just so he won't scream and cry. I think $40 is a good price to pay to keep him happy.
I registered for the Sand Hollow Marathon. Actually, I got suckered into registering. My sister/running partner said they were doing a deal where if you registered within two minutes of someone else you would each get a $15 discount off your registration fee. I registered less for the actual race and more for the cheap entry fee. But alas, come March 26th, you'll know where to find me. On the agenda for tomorrow: 19 miles! I'm actually excited for this. Ridiculous, I know.
I've been given a new church calling: Girls Camp Director! It scares the crap out of me, but I've finally started to wrap my head around it and am getting a little excited.
Tonight is Date Night!!!
Peace out.



3 comments:
ok, so many things about that post made me laugh. caleb's new quote on the side=hilarious. and beckham's got some pretty awesome pictures. I'm really jealous about running 19 miles tomorrow. tomorrow morning is supposed to be in the 20s-30s with a 60% chance of snow so I'm opting for 16 miles on the treadmill. awesome. is casey's whole family going to hawaii? that's awesome. our family should think about going on at least one trip together before we all die
Chet and I loved Caleb's new comment. We are a little disappointed it wasn't topic of conversation tonight. Yeah, it's that great. Love the picture with Beckham napping on Jada. Seriously we have been lucky to be so close to them.
You're crazy miss running women! I'm still trying to patiently wait out this stupid muscle.
p.s. I laughed to myself as I sustained you in church!
Post a Comment