Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kindergarten

Today was Jada's first day of Kindergarten! She is getting so grown up I can hardly stand it. I came home from running at 7:30 this morning and she was sitting on the couch in her first day of school outfit with her backpack on, asking if it was time to go to the bus yet. I have been trying to convince her to let me take her to school at least for the first day but she wouldn't have it. She insisted on riding the bus. (She doesn't realize it's more for me than for her.) So I took her to the bus stop, got out and talked to the bus driver, meanwhile she had gone up the stairs and disappeared into the bus. Not a goodbye or a wave or nothing. It was too sad (for me). Caleb, Beckham, and I didn't quite know what to do with our morning. I was watching the clock the whole time. She finally made it home with a good report: loved the bus, her teacher was nice, met a new friend, and saw her best buddy at recess. A good day. I asked her if she found her class alright. She said she was playing on the playground then the bell rang and she couldn't find her class. She "walked around ten times, maybe one hundred". She looked in all the windows till she found the right class. Hmm, maybe I'll take her tomorrow.


1st day of school 2010

7 comments:

Megan said...

What an independent little girl you have! Sounds like she had a very successful first day. Sad for Mommy, though! We let T ride the bus last year on his first day but then met him at the school. =) She's looking so grown up!

Erin said...

I can't believe how grown up she looks in this picture. She is so adorable and sweet and I love how independent she is. I feel sad for you just reading this post. I never want my kids to be too old for me but I know the day will come.

Travis and Rhonda said...

I love that she was all ready for school at 7:30! Watching the bus drive away is a hard thing to do.

I love the pictures of Beckham from your photo shoot. What a happy kid!

Teri's Life said...

Kindergarten is hard. Ster didn't want to go in. I walked him up to the door and then he just stood there and looked at everyone. I think he even cried (isn't it horrible that I don't remember?). The teacher finally made me leave (near tears) - he was okay after about an hour (an hour!). The next day wasn't any easier - I had to force him to the door and he stood there for about 10 minutes. Third time was a charm! He loved it after that (except for the two mis-haps when he ended up in in-school suspension).

Kaelee said...

I must be a bad mom because I loved the day Sydney went to school and we've never looked back (neither of us!). That's funny what Megan said, that he rode the bus and they met him there. It's hilarious! Maybe you'll have to try that with her tomorrow, to appease you, of course. I'm sure she slept well tonight what with those 100 laps she did to find her class! We called to see how her day went, we'll have to talk to her tomorrow.

Cinda said...

She's so independent! Glad she made it alright and had a good first day!

Anonymous said...

Aww! I love the first day of school. It is simply the best. It must be bitter-sweet to have your 1st go to school. She looks so grown up. And her hair is getting long! Can't wait to hear all the stories from school.