Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Latest

We went to eat up in Springdale at the Pizza & Noodle, and afterward we went down the street to the . . . local petting zoo? I'm not really sure what it is, but the kids loved it. You can feed the elk and bulls and buffalo.


Caleb really got into feeding the animals and was even brave enough to let them lick his hand.

This was Jada's favorite, the friendly cat wandering around all the cool animals. She followed it around and had a great time.
Casey decided to set up a backyard campout for the kids and it was a huge hit. They set up their tent and sleeping bags, then set up the laptop for a movie. The weather was perfect (almost no wind!). I was surprised Caleb lasted till about 5:30 a.m., and Jada stayed out there the whole night. Meanwhile, I was sound asleep in my nice, comfy bed inside:)

Does it get any better than this?
Last week I turned the big 2-8. I'm really getting up there:(




Jada made me this Mother's Day card in Preschool. It was so sweet and accurate:)

"My mother is the most wonderful Mom in the whole world! She's as pretty as a rainbow. She weighs 7 pounds and she's 10 feet tall. Her favorite food is cereal. I think Mom looks funny when she plays peek a boo. I know she's really angry when she puts me in trouble. I wish my Mom would love me everyday. I wouldn't trade my mother for a cereal bowl."
Happy Mother's Day!


We had a backyard bonfire with smores and the kids loved it.



This is the result when you tell Caleb to smile.

9 comments:

Nat said...

LOVE the campout, Jada's bum hanging out of her pajamas while laying on the table, Caleb's smile. I wish you could click on the pictures to make them bigger. I'm dying to know what Jada's card says....

BRIT said...

Wow, so many fun activities! Happy be-lated Birthday! Hope it was a good one! War said he saw ya at the games, we may show up for next weeks.

Jason and Joanna said...

that stuff looks like so much fun, from going to springdale, to camping in your backyard, to mothers day, to celebrating your birthday! Sounds like you had a great one! and that letter from jada is so cute! happy late birthday!!

Melissa said...

you've been lookin' about 7 lbs. to me lately too. maybe you need to go on a diet. I'm gonna start smiling like that, too, caleb. how cute is your lil family campin' out?!

Kaelee said...

I'm so happy right now. Jada, I'll take you any day when you need a nice mommy (just don't read my last post or you might change your mind!) Natalie, you need to read better. It says what the mother's day card says right under the picture. I love the picture of Jada in the tent, could she be(be is in italics) any happier??

Nat said...

Kaelee: she added that after I made that comment. Maybe Sydney and Reagan could talk some sense into Jada about her wish. And I liked the Friends reference.

Erin said...

Grandma and I are just reading the blogs and she was loving the note jada wrote for you. And Calebs song. Of course she always says how cute the kids are because they are dang cute. We will be excited to see the cute new little guy.

Travis and Rhonda said...

I love the campout pictures! My boys are wanting to sleep on our trampoline, but it is still dropping to about 35-40 degrees at night--So not yet.

Happy Late Birthday!

The McCarthys said...

How cute is camping out with the kids! That is so cute, I can't wait till we can do that stuff. Happy belated b-day :)