Monday, July 16, 2012

My kids are a little obsessed with the Wii Mario Bros. game. And by kids I mean Caleb, and by a little I mean basically his whole world is consumed with all things Mario. I'm sure he dreams about being Mario and using his many skills to defeat the enemy. Last week I was so annoyed that all he ever talks or thinks about is Mario and how he and Jada fight when it's on, I unplugged the Wii and put it away. That lasted five days. Surprisingly while it was gone he didn't dwell on it or mope around like his life had no meaning. It was a nice and peaceful five days. But what joy the day it came back into our lives. I've realized that we just have to get to where we can find a Mario balance. The other night Casey asked Beckham what book he wanted to read for bedtime and guess what he chose? The Wii Mario Bros. manual. Then he insisted on sleeping with it. Seriously. 

Happily reading his bedtime story. Too cute.

1 comment:

Loni said...

Great reading material! My oldest is obsessed with the iPod game Plants vs Zombies. Because he's not allowed to play on it too much, he will get some crayons and papers out and make his own Plants.