It's been a while since I've updated so I'm going to recap the past few weeks:
- I ran the St. George Half Marathon, the same race I did and loved last year. My sisters Kaelee and Melissa were running it and I was going to do the 5K since I've just started running again since I had Beckham but then two weeks before the race I decided, heck, why not just do the half? Race day was cold and overcast, not the perfect sunny day we had last year. The first two miles were brutal and I was thinking there's no way I'm going to make it 13.1 miles. A couple hundred people passed me (really) and I was getting really discouraged, then somehow my legs just picked it up and I got into a good pace. I focused on the old man just ahead of me and tried to keep his pace (by the way, I never caught him. He was like 70.) My goal was to finish in under two hours and I came in at 1:56:14. Yay! I was so happy with my time, I almost didn't care that my sisters ran in a whole 13 minutes before me. (They're kind of awesome.) My next run is a 5 mile dam to dam at Sand Hollow, then after that is the 50 mile relay with four of my sisters. I'm so excited for that one!
-I was introduced to women's church basketball. This is a crazy activity that begins with a prayer and a quote about sportmanship, then the whistle blows and things get a little heated. Attitudes come out, arms get scratched like crazy, and I'll tell you, women know how to use their hips. I figure it's the end of the day and this is where we get to let out some of our frustrations, so it's all good:)
Now onto the kiddos:
- Beckham has been growing like crazy. He's six months old (really???) and is so adorable I could just die. (I wish I had pictures to post. Next time...) He's sitting up on his own, eating baby food, and definitely teething:( He's still almost completely bald and has the biggest, goofiest smile you've ever seen. He is seriously an angel. Last week he was sick and I had to take him to the hospital twice a day for bronchialitis treatments. Not the best week. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT CLINIC.
- Jada celebrated her 5th birthday! She's so tall and mature, when her birthday came I thought, really, you're not already five? She gave me very specific instructions for her birthday: she wanted the house to already be decorated when she woke up; at her party she wanted to play the cupcake walk and "how low can you go"; and there were to be absolutely no balloons in the house (she's not a fan.) Love this girl.
- Caleb . . . oh Caleb. He's still my silly boy, always trying to tease us and make us laugh. He's now a big boy in Sunbeams and loves to take his scriptures so he can hold them up in the air and sing "Scripture Power".
I love my kids, I love my life:)
11 months ago



4 comments:
Sounds like good times. Love Jada's bday instructions. =) Can't wait to see a current pic of Beckham!
You do have a good life!! I can't believe how fast life goes by. I love your little "quote" at the bottom. Just how I'm feeling now!! Thanks for the reminder!
good post....now pictures for heaven's sake.
good to hear and see you're still alive! It was good to see you guys the other day, ya know- it's still not too late to be our neighbor!
Your little ones are too cute! I love the little quotes you put to the side, they always make me laugh!!
Very impressed on the half marathon! I wanna pass out just thinking about running that much!
Post a Comment